Before we get too serious, let’s get to know each other a little better. It’s my desire, here at Tea with Tiffany P., to create an environment where you feel as if we’re good friends catchin’ up. I want you to know I’m just like you. I don’t have all the answers either. We’re all imperfect people trying to make the best of this thing called life. To foster that type of environment requires being open, honest, and transparent with you. In doing so, I pray you see a little bit of yourself in me. Without further ado, here’s who I am. Less than perfect, more than loved (And so are you).
- I’m a professional bodybuilder. When you think of a bodybuilder, what’s the first thing that comes to mind? Manly muscles? Incredible Huck? It wasn’t until I became versed in the sport that I learned there are four women’s categories of bodybuilding – bikini, figure, physique, and bodybuilder. I became a professional in the women’s figure category (see pictures to the right).
- I enjoy lifting weights.
- I’m a certified personal trainer and health coach.
- I wear braces. My husband somehow convinced me that wearing braces together was a good idea. About 5 hours after wearing ‘em, I knew otherwise. I couldn’t chew NOTHING! In fact, I was questioning whether or not I still had teeth. My husband had worn braces before; therefore, he knew what was up. I was tricked. As the saying goes, “Misery loves company!”
- I bite my nails. No judging! … Is nail biting hereditary? My dad bit his nails too. Perhaps I inherited that trait from him. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, since wearing braces, it’s not the same.
- My father died when I was 7 years old. As of June 1st, my father has been dead 28 years. He passed away in a car accident at 27 years old.
- I ran a marathon in 4 hours and 47 minutes. Who told me this was a good idea again? Back in 2010, I ran my first and last marathon.
- I’m an engineer. I have a B.S. in Computer Science and a M.S. in Computer Engineering.
- I’m a member of a sorority.
- Some days I hate my natural hair. Is it just me, or do none of the natural hair bloggers have hair like yours? Their hair is usually thick and voluminous. Meanwhile mine is thin and flat. #notfair
- I’m self-conscious of my body, too. I’m all for body positivity but some days…
- I struggle with acne. Whomever said acne was only present during puberty lied!
- I love nuts. Almonds, brazil nuts, cashews, peanuts… They’re all the key to my heart.
- My goal is to be debt free by the end of the year. Debt makes the world go ‘round, right? Try telling that to my husband!
Now that I’ve shared some things about me, I invite you to share something about you. Please feel free to share by commenting below or by emailing me at email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you!